Wednesday 2 August 2017

My Favourite Things

Assalaualaikum & hallo!

One of the things that I love doing with Iman is singing (Oh, she's 50 days old today. Much love for that Sweet Cheeks! ) From zikr, nasheed to nursery rhymes; all those keep her entertained & make her coo and make me want to sing more despite my syok sendiri voice. Lols!

But but, I was in my school's choir team for 2 years & for 2 years in a row in 2000 & 2001, we were the first runner up in the State Level Choir Competition. So, my voice isn't that bad at all huh?

Anyway, these 2 songs from The Sound of Music have been my all time favourite (in fact, I love all the songs!). And since it's been more than a decade since I left my secondary school, I kinda mess up the lyrics. Malu la please nak show off depan Iman that her Mama can sing but lyrics ke laut :')



The Sound Of Music
.
The hills are alive with the sound of music
With songs they have sung for a thousand years
The hills fill my heart with the sound of music
My heart wants to sing every song it hears
.
My heart wants to beat like the wings of the birds
That rise from the lake to the trees
My heart wants to sigh like a chime that flies
From a church on a breeze
To laugh like a brook when it trips and falls over Stones on its way
To sing through the night like a lark who is learning to pray

I go to the hills when my heart is lonely
I know I will hear what I've heard before
My heart will be blessed with the sound of music
And I'll sing once more



My Favourite Things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens 
Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs 
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites, when the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...